Publishing Agreement, Copyright Notice and Copyright Clearance Fees
AUTHOR PUBLISHING AGREEMENT
• The author(s) shall retain the copyright and all other intellectual property rights for the article, but transfers only commercial rights to the JAFES.
• The author(s) is/are entitled to proper attribution and credit for the published manuscript, and to share the published manuscript in the same manner permitted to third parties under the JAFES Creative Commons BY-NC user license, so long as the shared version contains the CrossRef DOI link to the version of record in the JAFES website.
• The author(s) is/are entitled to use the published manuscript in subsequent compilations of the undersigned author(s) works, to use excerpts or portions of the published manuscript in other works, including dissertations or books/book chapters, for both commercial and non-commercial purposes.
• The author(s) recognizes that the JAFES is an OPEN-ACCESS publication which allows third party users to share, copy and redistribute the published manuscript in any medium or format, adapt, remix, transform, and build upon the published manuscript, for non-commercial purposes through its Creative Commons Attribution- Non Commercial user license (CC-BY-NC). This agreement shall also give JAFES exclusive rights to license others to do the same as above through the user license, and to enforce these rights against third parties.
• The author(s) understand and agree that all rights granted under this agreement shall revert to the author(s) should the submitted manuscript be withdrawn or rejected, or the published manuscript be retracted.
JAFES COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Journal of the ASEAN Federation of Endocrine Societies is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International. (full license at this link: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/legalcode).
To obtain permission to translate/reproduce or download articles or use images FOR COMMERCIAL REUSE/BUSINESS PURPOSES from the Journal of the ASEAN Federation of Endocrine Societies, kindly fill in the Permission Request for Use of Copyrighted Material and return as PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
A written agreement shall be emailed to the requester should permission be granted.
JAFES CLEARANCE FEES
JAFES is given authority by our Authors to impose fees for commercial uses (outside the license). The below fee schedule shall apply only to commercial use requests. Our objective is not to earn profit but to standardize the approach to such requests.
1st step is the base fee
2nd is to determine the type of requesting party and we will impose a surcharge
3rd step is to determine the number of copies
Examples of request and computed fee:
- Request for 1 article, in electronic and print format (180 USD), to be used for profit by a non-academic institution (10% surcharge), with a projected circulation of 1000 copies (6% surcharge). The computed fee is 208.8 USD.
- Request for 1 figure, in print format (20 USD), to be used for profit by an academic publisher (5% surcharge), with a projected circulation of 10,000 (10%). The computed fee is 24 USD.