- Upon receipt of the manuscript, the Editor shall review the submission, check if it has met aforementioned criteria and consult with members of the Editorial Board to decide whether it shall be considered for publication or not.
- Within one (1) week of submission, authors shall be notified through e-mail that their manuscript either (a) has been sent to referees for peer-review or (b) has been declined without review.
- The JAFES implements a strict double blind peer review policy. For manuscripts that are reviewed, authors can expect an initial decision within forty five (45) days after submission. There may be instances when decisions can take longer than 45 days, in such cases, the editorial assistant shall inform the authors. The editorial decision for such manuscripts shall be one of the following:
- acceptance without further revision,
- acceptance with minor revisions, or
- major manuscript revision and resubmission.
- Accepted manuscripts are subject to editorial modifications to bring them in conformity with the style of the journal.