About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Journal of the ASEAN Federation of Endocrine Societies (JAFES) is an OPEN ACCESS, internationally peer-reviewed, English language, medical and health science journal that is published in print two times a year by the ASEAN Federation of Endocrine Societies. It shall serve as the endocrine window between the ASEAN region and the world, featuring original papers and publishing key findings from specialists and experts of endocrinology. Its editorial policies are aligned with the recommendations of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (www.icmje.org).
The JAFES is composed of a team of dedicated individuals: the Editor and Vice-Editor-in-Chief, AFES Country Associate Editors, an Editorial Board composed of representatives from AFES Countries, an Editorial Advisory Board, and an Editorial Staff (Copyediting Team, IT/Graphics, Business, Circulations, Radiology, Statistics, Secretariat). The office is currently in Manila, Philippines.
- To transform the JAFES into a self-sustaining, peer-reviewed, English language journal for the ASEAN Federation of Endocrine Societies, publishing high-quality research work from its SouthEast Asian members as well as international experts on Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- To re-launch the JAFES as a high-quality medical journal with content indexed and readily searchable in the world wide web.
- To establish JAFES’ online presence with a powerful and dynamic website accessible not only to its members and other health professionals but also to patients and other laymen who wish to know more about research on disease.
The JAFES does NOT charge any Article Submission/Processing Fees.
Peer Review Process
Once submission requirements are satisfactorily met, all manuscripts undergo an initial Editorial Board screening to deliberate on publication-worthiness. Thereafter, peer reviewers are assigned by the Editor-in-Chief and Vice Editor-in-Chief. The JAFES implements a strict double-blind peer review policy using standardized criteria. Reviewers include local and international experts in various fields. A final deliberation is done on each article by the local Editorial Board prior to each issue.
Articles are published on the JAFES website as soon as the review and editing process is complete. Articles are batched at the end of May and November of each year and presented as an issue on the JAFES website. Printed copies of the journal can be made available for areas with limited internet access.
Open Access Policy
JAFES provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The JAFES acknowledges the seven (7) countries that make up the ASEAN Federation of Endocrine Societies (AFES) and provide continued support for the operations of the journal.
- Indonesian Society of Endocrinology (ISE)
- Malaysian Endocrine and Metabolic Society (MEMS)
- Myanmar Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism (MSEM)
- Philippine Society of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism (PSEDM)
- Endocrine and Metabolic Society of Singapore (EMSS)
- Endocrine Society of Thailand (EST)
- Vietnam Association of Diabetes and Endocrinology (VADE)
Sources of Support
- ASEAN Federation of Endocrine Societies (AFES)